King Salmon Facts Article
Tips for Catching Salmon
Many people who experiment with salmon fishing find that they get hooked to this particular sport rather quickly. Salmon fishing is a sport that people of all ages can enjoy. It is easy to learn, and in some cases, easy to catch the salmon. Everyone who participates in salmon fishing claims that it is one of the easiest ways to learn how to fish, and the most rewarding fishing adventure that they have ever experienced.
In some cases, salmon fishing requires a little practice before someone can succeed at it. For people who are new to salmon fishing, there are many tips and tricks that can be implemented in order to become successful at salmon fishing. When you decide to take up salmon fishing, it is important that you first know what salmon fish like and what salmon fish do not like. If you know these simple likes and dislikes, you are sure to start off as a success in salmon fishing. The following represents various salmon likes and dislikes:
1) It is important to understand that salmon have many natural predators that they work hard to disguise themselves from. This is why most salmon can be found in cloudy and murky water. It is very rare to find salmon in clear water. The best times that you can find salmon is during the night hours, right before the rise of the sun.
2) Salmon do not prefer water that is warm. Salmon prefer cool water. It is very rare to find salmon in warm water unless they are feeding.
3) Salmon prefer to reside in waters that are quite rough. If you are looking to catch salmon, it is important to choose waters that are rough and choppy.
4) When fishing for salmon, you will find that the salmon prefer large bait.
Once you learn what salmon likes and what salmon dislike, you are sure to have a bit of direction when it comes to fishing for salmon. Now that you have acquired the basics as far as the preference of the salmon are concerned, you will learn some of the basic fishing tips:
1) One of the first tips when it comes to fishing for salmon is the ability to work the line and lure appropriately. It is extremely important that you work it in such a way that the action seems jumpy. The salmon will be attracted to this action and will bite the hook every time.
2) If you use live bait on your line, it is important that you make it attractive to the salmon. Salmon want to do as little work as possible, so it is important that they are able to catch bait easily.
3) When you are fishing for salmon, it is very important that you always use a sharp hook. This way, once the salmon has latched on to the hook, it is more likely to stay on the hook.